O, for the touch of a vanished hand and the sound of voice that is still.
Alfred Lord Tennyson
- We touch the world and it touches us.
- Boundaries are also important.
- We can learn to touch with each of our senses,
- And then each sense becomes deeper and more intimate.
- We can touch the Past, Present, and Future.
- Forgetting ourselves, we discover the entire universe is engaged in touching.
- Lotus Sutra: Kuanyin: She who hears the cries of the world.
- Zen Koan (Hakuin 18th century): Sound of One Hand