Building Community Resilience and Immunity in the Age of Corona
Resilient Santa Barbara Initiative: Inaugural Webinar
Ringside Seat™ Podcast Series #8
Extraordinary times create extraordinary opportunities. What if the corona pandemic that is restricting us to self-quarantine in our homes and shutting down life as we know it is simultaneously opening new paths to care better for ourselves and others and to discover new paths toward our common humanity? How can we use this time wisely to cultivate Integral Resilience and turn our common adversity to collective advantage?
The new series is designed around our 5 Minutes to Resilience app and follows the popular Ringside Seat format of a round table discussion by experts, in this case health thought leaders and innovators, on a single question: “How to Build Community Resilience and Immunity in the Age of Corona?” While we are all waiting for a miracle vaccine, what can we intelligently do NOW?
Pleasecontact us to register for the program – enter “Register for Corona Online Program” in the email form subject line. The Program Series is FREE and based on Donations to the Santa Barbara Foundation, designated for Resilient Santa Barbara Initiative.
Panel Discussion: Julian Gresser, Kenneth S. Cohen, Dr. Peter Tilton, M.D., Jim Turner, Esq. Swankin & Turner, William Moulton, Co-Founder, Big Heart Technologies
- Understanding the Corona Pandemic from a Systems Perspective: Biotensegrity and Chaordic Organizations
- Managing Massive Community Stress and Trauma Compassionately
- Negative and Positive Resilience Multiplier Effects
- Social Immunity: The Power of Paying Forward
- Building Community Resilience # 1: 10 Essential Moves and 5 Minutes to Resilience
- Building Community Resilience # 2: Deep Lessons from Qigong Practice
- Coming Together and Breaking Apart
- Innovating for Humanity: A Collaborative Strategy for Global Survival
- Core Discovery Challenge–Building Bridges: How to Combine Best Medical and Complementary Population Health Practices to Deliver Optimal Preventative, Therapeutic, and Recuperative Results?
- Imperial College Report
- Antiviral Natural Products and Herbal Medicines
- Andrew Weil on Corona
- Immunity and Resilience
- Oxidative Stress and Immunity
- Mitochondrial Damage and Impaired Resilience
- Finding the signal inside the noise: harnessing antibodies for antiviral effects
- Social Justice in a Time of Social Distancing
- Organizational Resilience and Corona—Harvard Business Review
- Joe Rogan Experience # 1439—Interview with Professor Michael Osterholm
- Braiding Sweetgrass – Robin Wall Kimmerer
Teachings of Kenneth S. Cohen, Qigong Master
Here is a sampling of published research on the immunological effects of qigong.
- Acute Effects on the Counts of Innate and Adaptive Immune Response Cells After 1 Month of Taoist Qigong Practice https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26370102
- Effects of Qigong on Immune Cells https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12856872
- A Pilot Study of Qigong Practice and Upper Respiratory Illness in Elite Swimmers
- Qi-Training (Qigong) Enhanced Immune Functions: What is the Underlying Mechanism?
Other Ringside Seat Podcasts
Subscribe to be Notified of Future Podcast Releases